Saved buildings
save our heritage organisation logo



Yahoo  MSN  Google

Lost San Diego - Point Loma Country Club

The Point Loma Country Club, built in 1914 by A. G. Spaulding, was demolished in the early 1920s, after the Navy took part of the club's golf course for the Naval Training Center (NTC). The club sold its property to raise funds for a new location in Chula Vista where it became the San Diego Country Club.

The new Richard Requa-designed building that became the new club was also demolished for an insignificant and indistinguishable design in the 1980s.

Photo courtesy Coons collection


The Loma Portal property was subsequently subdivided for housing.

Photo by Bruce Coons


Volume 42 - 2011

MORE FROM THIS ISSUE

VIEW digital online version


From the Editor


Warner-Carrillo Ranch House


Santa Ysabel General Store


The Hawaiian Connection


San Diego's First Chinese Community


Temple Beth Israel


Archaeological Myth Busting


Chicano Park & its Wondrous Murals


Sleeping Porches & Suffragist Banners


Most Endangered List of Historic Resources


Windemere Cottage


People In Preservation Winners


In Memoriam


Preservation Community


Recent Acquisitions


Save Balboa Park


Lost San Diego


Strength in Numbers


Donations 2010-2011


Advertisements


VIEW digital online version


DOWNLOAD full magazine as pdf (11.3mb)

Share

2476 San Diego Avenue · San Diego CA 92110 · Phone (619) 297-9327
Home | Contact