Saved buildings
save our heritage organisation logo



Yahoo  MSN  Google

Mission Hills Historic District Appeal

By Barry Hager

Dr. Leon Casper & Dr. Louise Davis Long House (1919), part of the new Mission Hills Historic District.


100 years after the filing of the original subdivision map of Mission Hills on January 20, 1908, the San Diego City Council unanimously voted to deny the appeal of the Mission Hills Historic District. The decision made by the Historic Resources Board (HRB) on July 16, 2007 to approve the district stands.

Over 60 Mission Hills neighbors and historic preservation advocates attended the City Council meeting to support the historic district. Letters of support also came from local preservation organizations such as SOHO, Mission Hills Heritage, Hillcrest History Guild and the University Heights Historic Society, as well as the western office of the National Trust for Historic Preservation, and the State Office of Historic Preservation in Sacramento.

2008 - Volume 39, Issue 1/2

MORE FROM THIS ISSUE

VIEW digital online version


From the Editor


The Balboa Theatre - Anatomy of a Restoration
The Balboa Theatre - An 18-year redevelopment battle

Survivors of San Diego's Theatrical Past


Professional Theater Comes to San Diego


Googie: An Architectural Link to San Diego's Midcentury Culture

North Park's Neon


A General Plan of Destruction


Unearthing Long-Buried Whaley House Cistern

Preservation Community


Reflections


Lost San Diego


Strength in Numbers


Donations 2007-2008


Advertisements


VIEW digital online version


DOWNLOAD full magazine as pdf (16mb)

Share

2476 San Diego Avenue · San Diego CA 92110 · Phone (619) 297-9327
Home | Contact