Saved buildings
save our heritage organisation logo



Yahoo  MSN  Google

Lost San Diego -
Point Loma Universal Brotherhood
& Theosophical Society Homestead

The main building and Temple of Peace as seen here in the historic photograph were completed in 1900 sporting domes of aquamarine and amethyst colored glass respectively. These were visible when lit at night far out to sea and as far east as Mt. Cuyamaca.

Courtesy Coons collection


The Spaulding house to the left still exists today and serves as the administration building. This became the Point Loma Nazarene College in 1973 and is now Point Loma Nazarene University.

The other two buildings in this fantastic complex were destroyed by fire in 1952.

Photo by Bruce Coons


2006 - Volume 37, Issue 4

MORE FROM THIS ISSUE

VIEW digital online version


Creating Community Preservation Groups


Stick with the Classics


Rancho to Ranch House


First Do No Harm


Welcome '06-'07 SOHO Board


Borrego Springs Modern II


Much Like Their Buildings

Membership Changes for Dues & Levels


Juan María Osuna Adobe


The H. Lee House


Spending the Holidays with SOHO


Whaley House Museum's October Season is a Resounding Success

Annual Meeting & Elections


Adobe U - Provides Much Needed Repairs to Casa de Estudillo

Interrobang Lecture Series 2007


Whaley House to Celebrate 150th in 2007


Whaley House Docents are VIPs!


Strength in Numbers


Lost San Diego


VIEW digital online version


DOWNLOAD full magazine as pdf (7.3mb)

Share

2476 San Diego Avenue · San Diego CA 92110 · Phone (619) 297-9327
Home | Contact