- ABOUT SOHO
- OUR HISTORIC SITES
- TOURS & EVENTS
- PRESERVATION RESOURCES
Carmen Pauli, Todd Pitman, Judith Pauli & Andrew Hinkley
Sisters Carmen and Judith Pauli, and their respective spouses Todd Pitman and Andrew Hinkley, purchased the classic Mid-century Modern tract house in the desert oasis of Borrego Springs to be used as a personal weekend get-a-way and vacation rental in June of last year. Built in 1959, it is located just south of the De Anza Golf Course. It was one of eight houses designed by noted Architect Bill Krisel in a small subdivision that came to be known as the Golf Club Annex. Krisel and his partner Dan Palmer designed compact modern tract houses in communities throughout the country. They are probably best known for their tracts in Palm Springs, especially the Racquet Club Estates, which was well publicized at the time of its construction. The original houses in Borrego's Golf Club Annex are identical to those found in the Racquet Club Estates; unfortunately, several have been demolished or badly altered. After years of neglect and deferred maintenance, the new owners' house was in poor condition but intact. A perfect candidate for a sensitive and loving restoration, even the original appliances, as well as the kitchen and bathroom tile and cabinetry remained.
PAST PEOPLE IN PRESERVATION AWARD WINNERS