- ABOUT SOHO
- OUR HISTORIC SITES
- TOURS & EVENTS
- PRESERVATION RESOURCES
When John and Stephanie Wylie purchased their home in 1994, few original details of the 1924 Emmor Brooke Weaver-designed home remained. Some of the alterations to the original architecture included a redwood exterior covered by stucco, a pergola replaced with a shed roof, and original casement windows replaced with plate glass. In its interior, the redwood paneling was painted and a marble surround covered the original tile fireplace. After finding the original architectural plans for the home in an upstairs closet, the Wylies hired architect Alan Campbell and builder Steve Ladow to aid the couple in the restoration of the home using the original Weaver blueprints as their guide.
PAST PEOPLE IN PRESERVATION AWARD WINNERS