- ABOUT SOHO
- OUR HISTORIC SITES
- TOURS & EVENTS
- PRESERVATION RESOURCES
Don Budinger, Kelley-Markham Architecture & Planning,
Designed by noted architect George Applegarth of San Francisco, the Coronado Museum of History and Art was built around 1910 for the Spreckels family. This Beaux Arts building served the citizens of Coronado as a bank until the early 1960's. In 1999 Budinger Realty, LLC purchased the building and endeavored to return it to its original grandeur. The project architect was Kelley-Markham Architects. Working with the owner and the Coronado Historical Association, they created plans for restoration of the exterior, renovation of the interior, and a new elevator tower designed to integrate with the building's architecture. This Coronado landmark has been beautifully restored and tastefully adapted to its new use and is a source of civic pride.
PAST PEOPLE IN PRESERVATION AWARD WINNERS