PEOPLE IN PRESERVATION
Do you know of a person or project in the field of preservation that should be recognized? We need your help in identifying the deserving people in your community who have helped to save San Diego's heritage.
We welcome your nominations each year for SOHOs People In Preservation Awards. Presented each May during National Preservation Month, SOHO, along with preservation organizations throughout America recognize outstanding achievement in the field of historic preservation.
The Secretary of the Interior's Standards for Rehabilitation are used in review of each nomination. Professionals with knowledge and experience in all areas of historic preservation will select and recommend the awards, after which the SOHO board of directors votes and ratifies the list.
It's easy to apply and if you need assistance we are available to help.
A few points to note before starting:
- The application must be filled out completely to be considered for nomination
- Incomplete nominations can not be considered
- Nominations must include the completed nomination form and photos.
- Supplemental information may be attached
- If nomination is for a person, it is for those who have made a difference in historic preservation in San Diego.
- If nomination is for a project, the project must be completed
- Projects must be located within San Diego County. However, a person who has made a significant contribution in some way to San Diego need not be a resident.
- Projects may be institutional, commercial, or residential.
- Projects may be restoration, renovation, rehabilitation, or adaptive reuse.
- We have two forms one for homeowners and one for professional projects.
Nomination deadline is Friday, March 16, 2018 at 5pm.
PAST PEOPLE IN PRESERVATION AWARD WINNERS
2017 | 2016
2015 | 2014 |
2013 | 2012 |