School Group Tours
Please take a moment to read about an exceptional field trip possibility for students, which is both fun and educational.
The George and Anna Marston House in Balboa Park is a 8,500 square-foot home with five acres of gardens and trails, and is one of the most interesting house museums in all of California. George Marston is known as the father of Balboa Park, San Diego's first citizen and is acclaimed as one of San Diego's earliest environmentalists, conservationists and historic preservationists. The guided tour of the Marston House Museum includes a certificate good for a free return visit with a paying adult to the Marston House Museum and Gardens.
Check in for the Marston House - 3525 Seventh Avenue
Upon arrival, please check in at the Marston House Museum Shop located in the Carriage House on the property.
Groups of Students, grades 1 through 12
- Group Tours are available only between 10am and 4:30pm
- $3 per person including chaperones (Chaperones must be 18 or older)
- Minimum 15 people including chaperones
- No fewer than one chaperone to every 10 students
- Large groups must be broken into smaller numbers
- Must be reserved at least one week in advance
- Must be paid for at time reservation is made
- Cancellations must be made at least 12 hours in advance for refund
Tips for a Successful Visit with Youth Groups
- Speak in quiet voices
- Walk, don't run. Take time to see all the exhibits
- Students should stay with chaperones at all times. Chaperones must supervise students at all times
- Be careful climbing stairs
- Look with your eyes and not your hands. Do not touch anything in the museum, including walls and doors
- Do not open doors or drawers
- Large groups should be divided into subgroups, with a minimum of one adult per ten students
- Students are allowed in the Museum Shop in groups of five
Tours range from $2.50 per person to $12 depending on arrangements and include a gift pass good for a free return visit to the museum of your choice. We are happy to help you create an exclusive itinerary to fit your needs. Payment is due upon booking the tour.
Call (619) 297-9327 to book your reservations
Please note: Group Tour rates are only honored if you have reserved your group in advance.
MARSTON HOUSE MUSEUM & GARDENS
3525 Seventh Avenue, San Diego 92103
Hours of Operations · Admission
Directions & Parking
School Group Tours
Wedding & Venue Rental
Film & Photography Permits
Read more about the Marston House
In the News