Marston House Museum & Gardens
One of California's finest examples of the Arts and Crafts movement, the Marston House was constructed in 1905 for George W. Marston and his wife, Anna Gunn Marston. George Marston is noted for many things but most prominently as a civic leader whose interest and work in historic preservation, conservation and history is well known.
The property was designed and built by the internationally renowned architects William Sterling Hebbard and Irving Gill. Surrounded by five acres of rolling lawns, manicured formal gardens, and rustic canyon gardens, this 8,500 square-foot home became a house museum in 1987 after the Marston family gifted it to the City of San Diego for the enjoyment of the public.
Spend some time exploring the grounds, formal gardens and canyon pathways in the shade of towering pine, eucalyptus and oak trees. Learn about one of San Diego's most prominent families and the master architects and landscape designers who worked with the family to create one of the region's most important estates.
Join us for our 2015 Exposition Centennial Events · 2015 Events Calendar
Marston House Facebook · How to Volunteer for 2015 Exposition Centennial Events
MARSTON HOUSE MUSEUM & GARDENS
3525 Seventh Avenue, San Diego 92103
Hours of Operations · Admission
Directions & Parking
Adult, Senior & Group Tours
School Group Tours
Wedding & Venue Rental
Read more about the Marston House
In the News