- ABOUT SOHO
- OUR HISTORIC SITES
- TOURS & EVENTS
- PRESERVATION RESOURCES
Point Loma Universal Brotherhood & Theosophical Society Homestead
Populary known as Lomaland, the main building and Temple of Peace as seen here in the historic photograph were completed in 1900 sporting domes of aquamarine and amethyst colored glass respectively. These were visible when lit at night far out to sea and as far east as Mt. Cuyamaca. These two buildings in this fantastic complex were destroyed by fire in 1952.
The Spaulding house to the left still exists today and serves as the administration building. This became the Point Loma Nazarene College in 1973 and is now Point Loma Nazarene University.
LOST SAN DIEGO