Saved buildings
save our heritage organisation logo

Pierce-Morse Block

Built in 1889, the Pierce-Morse block was designed by architects Comstock & Trotsche, who were known for building the finest buildings of their time, the Villa Montezuma among them. Their office was housed in this building and E.W. Morse also occupied a suite of rooms there. To quote the Golden Era, September 1889 issue "It is 5 stories and great basement and lofty tower, is of metropolitan architecture and appearance."

Photo courtesy Coons collection


Sadly, it was torn down in the 1950s.

Photo by Bruce Coons


LOST SAN DIEGO

Ammex Motion Picture Company


Bankers Hill Residences


California Southern (Santa Fe Depot)


Levi Chase House


Julia Dent Residence, Ulysses S. Grant Presidential Library

F Street Downtown San Diego


Florence Hotel


Gay Mansion


Alonzo Horton's Home


Hotel San Diego


Melville Klauber House


Normal School


Middletown Schoolhouse


Mission Olive Works


Mission San Luis Rey


Overbaugh House


Pierce-Morse Block


Point Loma Country Club


Point Loma Universal Brotherhood & Theosophical Society Homestead

Sunset Cliffs Park

Share

2476 San Diego Avenue · San Diego CA 92110 · Phone (619) 297-9327
Home | Contact