Saved buildings
save our heritage organisation logo

Mission Olive Works

The romantic Mission Olive Works building was built by English businessmen Edward Akerman and Robert Alfred Tuffley in 1915.

Photo courtesy Coons collection


It was replaced in the late 1950s by this, an attempt of the State Highway Department (now Caltrans) to compliment and contrast with the historic "Old San Diego Architecture" in Old Town.

Photo by Bruce Coons


LOST SAN DIEGO

Ammex Motion Picture Company


Bankers Hill Residences


California Southern (Santa Fe Depot)


Levi Chase House


Julia Dent Residence, Ulysses S. Grant Presidential Library

F Street Downtown San Diego


Florence Hotel


Gay Mansion


Alonzo Horton's Home


Hotel San Diego


Melville Klauber House


Normal School


Middletown Schoolhouse


Mission Olive Works


Mission San Luis Rey


Overbaugh House


Pierce-Morse Block


Point Loma Country Club


Point Loma Universal Brotherhood & Theosophical Society Homestead

Sunset Cliffs Park

Share

2476 San Diego Avenue · San Diego CA 92110 · Phone (619) 297-9327
Home | Contact