Saved buildings
save our heritage organisation logo



Yahoo  MSN  Google

Point Loma Country Club

The Point Loma Country Club, built in 1914 by A. G. Spaulding, was demolished in the early 1920s, after the Navy took part of the club's golf course for the Naval Training Center (NTC). The club sold its property to raise funds for a new location in Chula Vista where it became the San Diego Country Club.

The new Richard Requa-designed building that became the new club was also demolished for an insignificant and indistinguishable design in the 1980s.

Photo courtesy Coons collection


The Loma Portal property was subsequently subdivided for housing.

Photo by Bruce Coons


LOST SAN DIEGO

Ammex Motion Picture Company


Bankers Hill Residences


California Southern (Santa Fe Depot)


Levi Chase House


Julia Dent Residence, Ulysses S. Grant Presidential Library

F Street Downtown San Diego


Florence Hotel


Gay Mansion


Alonzo Horton's Home


Hotel San Diego


Melville Klauber House


Normal School


Middletown Schoolhouse


Mission Olive Works


Mission San Luis Rey


Overbaugh House


Pierce-Morse Block


Point Loma Country Club


Point Loma Universal Brotherhood & Theosophical Society Homestead

Sunset Cliffs Park

Share

2476 San Diego Avenue · San Diego CA 92110 · Phone (619) 297-9327
Home | Contact