Saved buildings
save our heritage organisation logo



Yahoo  MSN  Google

Tijuana Bullring

Built in 1938 for Claudio Bress, the first owner, the bullring was a wooden structure. The first corrida included the performance of famous matador Fermín Espinosa "Armillita" alternating with Alberto Balderas with bulls from "Piedras Negras" cattle. The original wooden structure was replaced in 1957 by a metal one with a capacity for 14,000 people. The Institute of Culture of Baja California stopped the destruction of this monument on April 1 after a community outcry and established a 90-day moratorium. The Society of History of Tijuana, the Society of Tijuana Architects, the Bull-fighting Aficionados Society and other organizations, have teamed together in order to fight for the preservation of the Toreo.

LISTS FROM PAST YEARS

2017 | 2016

2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011

2010 | 2009 | 2008

2007

Newly Added

Remaining from past years

2006

2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001

Share

2476 San Diego Avenue · San Diego CA 92110 · Phone (619) 297-9327
Home | Contact