Saved buildings
save our heritage organisation logo



Yahoo  MSN  Google

SDG&E Station "B"

This magnificent architectural anchor near the foot of Broadway was built in stages between the years 1911 and 1941. The building is an eclectic blending of Spanish Colonial, classical and medieval elements. Several master architects including Eugene Hoffman and William Templeton Johnson designed it.

The developer Bosa has a high-rise condo tower proposed for the site utilizing the façades on the Broadway and Kettner sides and partial retention and reconstruction on the other two sides. A portion of the generator room will remain and the rest will be gutted. New windows will pierce the only historic fabric left and probably the most objectionable item is that new openings will be cut in the medieval castle like Broadway façade at street level. This treatment is little better than demolition.

LISTS FROM PAST YEARS

2017 | 2016

2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011

2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006

2005

2004

Newly Added

Remaining from past years

2003 | 2002 | 2001

Share

2476 San Diego Avenue · San Diego CA 92110 · Phone (619) 297-9327
Home | Contact